Monday, March 29, 2010

Rest day for some tired legs.

So after two bike races this weekend, neither of which I did anything that memorable in, it is time for a day off the bike. This last week was a fairly tough week of riding with 2 spin classes on Monday, a hill ride on Tuesday, 2 Criterium races on Thursday and 2 hard races on the weekend. After all that I think my legs needed a day off, so I gave it to them. I did nothing all day and it was all that I expected it to be and more.
Since I had some free time I went to my favorite lunch spot, PF Chang's and hung out for a couple of hours shooting the shit with my bartender friend Jim and a customer that is there almost everyday that I go, Marty.
After awhile Marty and I got to talking about golf and before I knew it I was invited to his country club to play 18 holes with him and Jim and another guy from the restaurant. As much as I like the idea of getting back on the golf course, I used to be a golf professional, I have not played but a few times in the last 2 years so I might need to go hit a few balls this week to iron out the wrinkles. I think Marty is looking for a playing lesson and since he is picking up the green fee, which is probably $125 or more, I need to give him his money's worth.
Well I am hoping to make a good impression with Marty since he appears to be a mover and a shaker around town, and since I need to find a job, he might just be the contact I need to find employment.
So it looks like I will have to find time to ride my bike before the races this Thursday and hit the golf course for a practice session this week.
For someone with no job, I sure do have a lot to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment